Where is direct democracy used?
Switzerland is a rare example of a country with instruments of direct democracy (at the levels of the municipalities, cantons, and federal state). Citizens have more power than in a representative democracy.
What is the most basic outcomes of the democracy?
The most basic outcome of democracy is government accountability to the citizens and its responsiveness to the needs and expectations of the citizens.
What is the main outcomes of democracy?
Accountable, responsive and legitimate government The most basic outcome of democracy should be that it produces a government that is accountable to the citizens, and responsive to the needs and expectations of the citizens.
What are the two most important outcomes of democracy?
- The expected outcomes of democracy are as follows:
- (i) A government that is chosen and accountable to the people is called democratic government.
- (ii) A government that is responsive to the needs of the people.
- (iii) Economic growth and development reducing all forms of inequality and end of poverty.
What outcomes can one reasonably?
What outcomes can one reasonably expect …
- Accountability to the citizens.
- To efficiently run the administration and finances of the country.
- Transparency in working of the government.
- Free and fair elections.
- To work for the development of majority and minority communities.
What are the various outcomes of democracy Class 10?
Democracy is a better form of government than dictatorship in the following respects:
- Promotes equality among citizens.
- Enhances the dignity of the individual.
- Improves the quality of decision making.
- Provides a method to resolve conflicts.
- Allows room to correct mistakes.
Does democracy hold its purpose Class 10?
Democracy gives its citizens the right to information about the government and its functioning. Democracy provides a responsive government as it is formed by elected representatives of the people….Free Resources.
|RD Sharma Class 12 Solutions||RD Sharma Class 11|
|RD Sharma Class 8||RD Sharma Class 7|
How can we assess democracy?
Outcomes out of every democracy:
- As a political outcome of democracy, we expect an accountable, responsive and legitimate government.
- As an economic outcome, we expect that democracies produce economic growth and development, and reduce poverty and inequality.