Where is the diagnostic socket on a Ford Fiesta?
OBD connector location for Ford Fiesta (2002 – 2008)
- The connector is under the steering wheel.
- Remove the cover.
- The OBD connector is under the cover.
Where do I plug in my diagnostic tool Ford Focus?
OBD connector location for Ford Focus (2011 – 2018)
- OBD Connector is under the steering wheel (left)
- Pull on the cover (written OBD)
- OBD Connector.
What is the best scan tool?
Comparison of the best OBD2 scanners in 2020
|The best OBD2 scanner overall||Innova||$320|
|The best Bluetooth smartphone OBD2 scanner||BlueDriver||$100|
|The best OBD2 scanner if money is no object or if you’re a paid professional||Bosch||$4,490|
|The best leave-it-in-all-the-time OBD2 Bluetooth dongle||FIXD||$50|
What is the factory scan tool for Ford vehicles?
The VCM3 communicates with Ford and Lincoln vehicles via the 16-pin diagnostic link. This device is the core of vehicle diagnostics. An IDS software license subscription (sold separately) provides access to the software which uses the VCM3 hardware to perform vehicle diagnostics.
Does Ford charge for diagnostics?
The cost is typically between $90-$110 not including taxes. This cost will vary depending on your location and the nature of the problem. It is important to remember that the diagnostic cost does not cover any repairs. One of the most common problems that require diagnosis is a check engine light.
What software do Ford mechanics use?
VCM RETAIL. Integated Diagnostic Software (IDS) – The factory Ford Motor Company vehicle diagnostic software provides complete dealership level vehicle diagnostic coverage for all 1996 to present Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.
What is the best FORScan adapter?
Best Forscan Adapters Review
- OBDLink EX USB Forscan Adapter – Editor’s Pick.
- OHP ELMconfig OBD2 ELM327 FORScan Adapter.
- VINT-TT55502 ELMconfig FORScan OBD2 Adapter.
- Veepeak USB OBD2 Forscan Adapter.
- Forscan ELM327 OBD2 Adapter.
What can I change with FORScan?
In this article…
- Disable Double Horn Honk.
- Auto-Fold Mirrors.
- Daytime Running Lights – Enable Low Beam.
- Bambi Mode.
- Show Engine & Transmission Temperatures.
- Set & Display TPMS Specified Value.
- Add Heated Steering Wheel, Heated & Cooled Seat Icons to Home Screen.
- Secure Idle (aka Police Mode)
Do you have to buy FORScan?
Base FORScan functionality (connection, retrieving vehicle information, reading parameters, read and reset diagnostic trouble codes, run tests and service functions etc) do NOT require Extended License. There is a free 2 month Extended License that can be issued for anyone who has account on our forum.