Which of the following is a psychological effect of alcohol?
Increased depression and anxiety. Tolerance development and increased substance use. Dependency, otherwise known as alcoholism. Impaired learning and memory capacity.
Which are indications that a driver might be impaired by alcohol quizlet?
Your vision, physical coordination, and reaction time will all be impaired. You may be unable to focus, especially sensitive to light, and clumsy and slow when using vehicle controls. Some people drink because they want to seem “cool”.
In what ways does alcohol affect your ability to respond to your driving environment?
Reaction Time – Alcohol can slow reflexes, which can decrease the ability to react swiftly to changing situations. Vision – Alcohol can slow eye muscle function, alter eye movement, and alter visual perception, possibly resulting in blurred vision. Night vision and color perception also can be impaired.
Which are indications that a driver might be impaired by alcohol?
How to spot a drunk or drugged driver
- Quick acceleration or deceleration.
- Weaving or zig-zagging across the road.
- Driving anywhere other than on a road designated for vehicles.
- Almost striking an object, curb, or vehicle.
- Stopping without cause or erratic braking.
- Drifting in and out of traffic lanes.
What are three signs of an impaired driver?
Signs of Impaired Driving
- Drinking alcohol in the vehicle.
- Failure to turn on headlights at night.
- Drifting, swerving or weaving.
- Illegal or sudden turning.
- Turning within an unusually wide radius.
- Nearly striking other cars or objects.
- Sudden or erratic braking.
- Driving with the face close to the windshield.
What are three ways one can tell if one is driving drunk?
Field Sobriety Tests are groups of three tests used by police to determine if a driver is impaired. The tasks assess balance, coordination, and the ability of the driver to divide his attention to more than one task during the field sobriety test.