Who does self concept apply to?
Self-concept is generally thought of as our individual perceptions of our behavior, abilities, and unique characteristics—a mental picture of who you are as a person. 1 For example, beliefs such as “I am a good friend” or “I am a kind person” are part of an overall self-concept.
What is the meaning of negative self-concept?
Meanwhile, people who have a negative self-concept showed the following characteristics: Sensitive to criticism. The lack of ability to accept criticism from others as the process of self-reflection. Be responsive to praise. Being an overreaction to the action taken, all actions necessary so feel honored.
What are the qualities of a person with a good self-concept?
Nine Common Characteristics of People with High Self-Esteem
- Believe in themselves. People who have high self-esteem have confidence in their own abilities.
- Know what they want or need.
- Effective communication skills.
- Drive to succeed.
- Comfortable with change.
- Enjoy healthy relationships.
- Able to laugh at their self.
What are the characteristics of someone with low self esteem?
Some of the most common characteristics of low-self esteem are:
- Depression / sadness.
- Low mood.
- Avoiding of social situations.
- Feelings of inadequacy.
- Comparing self negatively to others.
- Difficulty accepting compliments.
- Neglect of own needs, particularly emotional ones.
What causes self-confidence?
The factors that contribute to low self-confidence combine and interact differently for each person. Your genes, cultural background, childhood experiences, and other life circumstances all play a role.
How can I get high self-confidence?
10 tips for improving your self-esteem
- Be nice to yourself. That little voice that tells you you’re killin’ it (or not) is way more powerful than you might think.
- You do you.
- Get movin’
- Nobody’s perfect.
- Remember that everyone makes mistakes.
- Focus on what you can change.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Celebrate the small stuff.